- Reviewed for release 0.0.1
GearBox distribution has one official dependency CMake: Cross-Platform Make
- Option 2. Checkout source from SVN
Detailed instructions are available for these platforms/distributions:
The instructions below are quite general, follow them if your platform/distribution combination is not described above:
- Download and install CMake: Cross-Platform Make which is used to build the GearBox distribution.
- Minimum version required 2.4-patch 4 (latest tested: 2.6-patch 3).
- Download and install any optional dependencies you'd like. Or just skip this step and do it later.
- Build and install GearBox distribution.
- Download the GearBox source archive and un-tar it.
- Configure using CMake
- Compile and install
- Set library paths
- Add the Gearbox library directory (by default, /usr/local/lib/gearbox) to the file /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig. This will set the library path system-wide. If you wish to only set it for your user (the better option), specify the library path when linking using the -L option. For example, -L/usr/local/lib/gearbox. Setting the library path in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is not recommended.
- Make sure that the libraries and executables are in the path. Finished!